What's New in FileConvert 9?
FileConvert 9 is here, bringing with it full Windows 10 support, some powerful new naming and automation options, and improved performance. Here are the new features and enhancements:
- Increased Conversion Threads (Pro Plus Only)
- FileConvert Pro Plus can now convert up to six files simultaneously. Set this in Settings > General > Document Threads.
- Use OCR Text in Naming Options (Professional & Pro Plus Only)
- You can now use OCR text from the document as part of the filename. You'll see this option when you add a destination and hit Use Filename Builder. To set it up, select Zone OCR, click Open then Load Document, browse out to a sample scan, and draw a rectangle around the region that will contain the OCR text. Be generous.
- Use Barcodes as Separators (Professional & Pro Plus Only)
- You can now automatically separate files whenever a barcode is encountered. If that barcode happens to have a valid path and filename, you can also have the document routed to that location. Find this option in the Job options > Separate tab.
- Use Barcode Text in Naming Options (Professional & Pro Plus Only)
- When you set up a destination, click Use Filename Builder. You'll see a new field: Barcode Text. Indicate the page where the barcode is found and, if there's more than one barcode on the page, the barcode position. Note that you should go to Settings > Barcodes to set up which kinds of barcodes you use.
- Customizable Date Formats
- The date formats that you use in the Filename Builder are now customizable. Find them in Settings > Date Formats.
- Faster OCR
- You can now OCR two pages simultaneously. In the Job options, go to the OCR tab. You'll see an option called Page Threads. The current limit is two concurrent pages.
- Faster PDF Conversion
- For PDF conversions from non-image formats, like Office documents and emails, FileConvert no longer has to rely on printing to PDF, making most conversions much faster.