How It Works
- Install Handy Backup Server Network on administrator’s computer.
- Install Agents on all servers and workstations that you need to back up.
- In the management panel, create backup tasks:
- Workstation Agents let you back up files, folders, Windows libraries, system registry and hard drive images.
- Server Agents let you back up Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, Lotus Notes, and other server applications.
Any Agent in the backup network can act agent as a final storage, or as a “staging” machine that further transfers the data to FTP, SFTP, FTPS, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive or other storage.
Why You Need It
Centralized Backup, Recovery and Data Retention Management
With Handy Backup Server Network, you can control backups of all workstations and servers from a single control point. At any time, you can add more Network Agents - the solution grows with your needs!
Minimum Time and Efforts for Recovery
You can quickly roll back to a snapshot in the past, or recover any individual object of any workstation or server, without physically attending it. This is critical for any business plan, and Handy Backup does it!
Wide Range of Monitoring and Control Options
Handy Backup Server Network is a set-and-forget solution: once set up, it does everything automatically. Control options include detailed logs, command-line client, e-mail notifications, and much more.
Handy Backup Server Network, Workstation Agents and Server Agents can be used under Windows Server 2012/2008/2008 R2/2003 and Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP operating systems. Workstation Agents can be used under Linux OS
Features of Network Agents
Handy Backup Server Network connects all Workstation and Server Agents into one backup network.
Each Agent has its own set of features:
Common Agents Features (Workstation and Server)
- Individual Files and Folders Backup
- Windows Registry Backup
- E-mail Backup
- ZIP Compression
- Disk Imaging
Server Agent Features
- MS Exchange Server Backup
- MS SQL Server Backup
- MySQL Backup
- PostgreSQL Backup
- Oracle Backup
- DB2 Backup
- Lotus Notes Backup
Server Network Backup and Hyper-V
Handy Backup Network Agents are able to back up data from Hyper-V machines.
Hyper-V server virtualization technology allows to make different vitual machines and connect it to the network infrastructure as well as any other computer.
It is possible to back up and restore Hyper-V machines by two ways: internal and external.
- The internal way requires installation of the Network Agent on the virtual machine. Using it for backing up and restoring is like using of any other Network Agent.
- The external way allows to back up an entie virtual machine by using the Network Agent installed on the computer where the Hyper-V machine is running.
You can read more about backing up Hyper-V data in the related article.
Backing up VMware Using Server Network Backup
Handy Backup can save copies of VMware virtual machines. Handy Backup Server Network can copy an image of any VMware virtual machine from a remote server.
It is strongly recommended to perform backing up VMware machine in a cold mode, i.e., after stopping the VMware engine. Handy Backup allows to stop VMware automatically by using pre-actions and post-actions.
To stop VMware before creating a copy, user may set the pre-action of this format:
call "c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmware-cmd" "c:\PathToMyVirtualMachine\VMConfig.vmx" suspendAnd to start the machine again after the process of backup, use the post-action like this:
call "c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmware-cmd" "c:\PathToMyVirtualMachine\VMConfig.vmx" startIt is also completely possible to install a copy of Network Agent on a virtual machine under the control of VMware engine and perform an internal backup, as described in the previous section.