Whether you are shooting in an arena, a stadium, a park at night, a nightclub or in a home, man-made light sources can cause havoc, especially now that cameras and smart phones are being made with the ability to shoot at higher and higher frame rates. And of course this functionality is rapidly becoming the favorite of sports enthusiasts everywhere.
Dealing with strobing and light source flicker has been very time consuming until now. Without DE:Flicker, fixing the problems usually involves creating mattes followed by hand-adjusting the elements. Fixing a short scene using frame-by-frame color correction and zone corrections could take hours, when it is even possible. RE:Vision Effects DE:Flicker handles these problems automatically while retaining image detail.
DE:Flicker will also help transform your timelapse photography so that viewers watch the footage you intended them to watch and not the annoying pops that often accompany timelapse photography. DE:Flicker handles the common problems of color shifts, exposure and other camera setting and lighting inconsistencies that may occur from frame to frame. DE:Flicker also tames the problems of clouds casting shadows at different places between frames, and performs well when objects appear or disappear from frame to frame.
DE:Flicker consists of 3 plugins:
DE:Flicker High Speed: specially designed for problems within high frame rate footage
DE:Flicker Timelapse: specially designed for timelapse photography
DE:Flicker Auto Levels: analyzes and then stabilizes the color and luminance levels of your footage and can be used before more specific processing with one of the other two plug-ins.
- Handles clips with multiple flicker types, even with differing rates of flicker
- Simple user controls to accomodate difference between flash frames, short flicking and slower flicker rates
- Handles flicker that only occurs in part of the image without affecting the rest of the image
- Capacity to deal with extremely noisy sequences
- Able to handle large amounts of frame-to-frame lighting variation
- Works with any light source and flicker types
- Works with most, if not all, camera types, formats and motion in the scene
- No resolution limits
- Handles all bit-depths supported by the host application
- Highly multi-threaded and multi-processor aware
DE:Flicker High Speed
Specially designed for problems within high frame rate footage
- Automatically reduces flicker, even at differing rates within the same scene, by combining the best of per-pixel tracking and local area color transfer methods
- Preserves the details without creating unnessary artifacts
- Ability to choose to preserve or smooth out noise
Specially designed for timelapse photography
- In sequences that fluctuate due to lighting, object or shadow variations, you can select reference, or "key", images that best represent the exposure you wish to keep for the sequence
- Uses a motion estimation algorithm that is less sensitive to large motion noise
- Capacity to work at lower detail internally for faster processing
- Faster previews can be done with lower resolution proxy images, with the security of knowing that the results will hold up for the final resolution render
DE:Flicker Auto Levels
- Analysis pass on the entire sequence provides visualization and understanding of what's happening in average values and deviations of RGB channels for the whole image as they fluctuate from frame-to-frame
- Ability to smooth out the average RGB and deviation values from frame-to-frame for the whole image using the analysis pass