CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX (Manga Studio) includes support for cel animation (frame-by-frame animation):
Cel animation support (frame-by-frame animation)
Also known as frame-by-frame or traditional animation, this technique makes an object or character appear to move on its own. The artist can draw individual cels (frames), which act as transparent sheets that can be layered, and create the illusion of movement when the series of cels is played as a continuous sequence.
The timeline provides granular control over timing and display adjustments to create fluid movement of the animations.
Light table function
The light table illuminates pages, rendering them semi-transparent and making it easier to use multiple layers for reference, which is ideal for creating in-betweens (transitions between cels), and clean-line art for cels and illustrations.
Onion skin display
Onion skinning is a technique used in creating animated cartoons and editing movies to see several cels at once, allowing the animator or editor to determine how to create or adjust an image based on the previous image in the sequence.
Multiple export options
Drawings and animations can be exported as sequential images, GIFs, and movie formats.
CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX Features
Formerly Manga Studio. CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX has all of the features of CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO, professional story creation tools, as well as other special features, that make it the ultimate illustration tool for serious comic, manga and graphic artists.
Powerful coloring tool make CLIP STUDIO PAINT your all-in-one manga and comic creation solution. Choose from an abundance of preset colors, create custom color sets or blend colors naturally as if you were mixing them with your own fingers using the color blend options.
Pens, Pencils, Brushes & Tools
Create original sketches using your mouse or draw naturally with a pen tablet. Draw using a suite of familiar tools including pens, pencils, brushes and selection tools. With vector mapping technology and smart pen pressure sensing, CLIP STUDIO PAINT gives you incredible sensation of drawing on paper.
Save time by easily adding and customizing panels for your pages or create panels of all shapes and sizes using Bezier curves.
Advanced Brush Effects
Simulate real work brushes with the new dedicated air brush which allows multiple air brush effects. Use the tone brush to create and share a wider array of visual effect.
Vector Toolkit allows maximum flexibility, speeds up production and gives you the ability to view the centerline of vectors makes spotting trouble areas in need of smoothing a breeze. Coupled with the vector snapping tools, artists are now able to achieve exactly the lines they want.
Speed up your workflow with amazing advancements that include new layer effects like screen, overlay and multiply, even brushes can now have effects of their own.
Design with attention to detail and save time on tedious projects with tons of ready-to-use page template options.
Importing & Exporting
CLIP STUDIO PAINT imports and exports to common file formats including layered PSD files. Resize with no loss in quality.
CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX now offers support for 3D objects and figures allows for reference and background materials. Manipulate 3D objects directly on the screen or use preset poses. Drag and Drop other 3D objects on the canvas.
Backwards compatibility allows you to import all of your Manga Studio 4 EX and 4 Debut files including your .CPG page files and your .CST story (project) files into CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO or CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX.
Advanced text allows adjustments to letter and word spacing, mixing of fonts, anti-aliasing, italics and underline options, line spacing and many more.
Faster Than Ever
64-Bit Architecture & Multi-Core CPU Support makes Manga Studio faster than ever with the capability to handle high definition and multiple layer art projects even more smoothly.
CLIP STUDIO PAINT Is Perfect for Comic Illustration
Adobe Photoshop has become the standard drawing and illustration tool, used in many industries, but it will not only cost you more, it's primarily a photo editing tool. Photoshop just doesn't have the tools and features that are ideal for comic illustration, CLIP STUDIO PAINT does.
Multiple-Page Story Layout
Create your whole story with the Multiple-Page Story Layout. This allows manga and comic artists to streamline their creative process and easily access their story files in one convenient area (EX only).
10 Advantages CLIP STUDIO PAINT Has over Photoshop
- Reset pen sizes that behave like real Japanese manga pens. (In Photoshop you have to set the sizes yourself and they are not specifically designed for inking and coloring.)
- Support for pen tablets, ie Wacom, and high-quality pressure sensitivity that really mimics drawing on paper.
- Huge variety of screen tone patterns from basic dot tones to fancy backgrounds and effects. (In Photoshop, you'd have to make/draw tones yourself.)
- A panel tool designed specifically for comic creation. You can also make a panel extend past the bleed point as well as set the panel border thickness for emphasis to certain scenes.
- Perspective rulers - you don't have to draw your own perspective lines like in Photoshop.
- Premade word balloons in all kinds of styles and fully customizable.
- Tons of included content that will speed up your comic creation process.
- Import a variety of 3D formats. Manga Studio also includes 3D characters that can be manipulated for the ideal pose.
- Supports both raster and vector layers, and includes specific vector tools giving you amazing control.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT tools are based on real world comic and illustration tools such as inking pens, and rulers. There are many different pen tip types to choose from, unlike Photoshop whose primary design is for painting and digital editing.
More and more artists are taking up the stylus to create manga and web comics. CLIP STUDIO PAINT is compatible with Wacom's tablets (FAVO, Bamboo, Intuos, and Cintiq) and is also used with Microsoft’s Surface Pro and other tablets.