ReelSmart Motion Blur features, for After Effects-compatible hosts.
- automatic tracking of every pixel from one frame to the next
- variable amount of blur
- ability to blur one sequence using the motion from another.
- removal of motion blur
- multiprocessor support
- 8 and 16 bits per channel processing. Unclamped floating point image support in After Effects 7.0 or later.
ReelSmart Motion Blur Pro adds the following features
- For all hosts: Support for foreground and background separation using a specified matte. ReelSmart Motion Blur then uses proprietary filling and tracking techniques when working on the background layer, even when it is obscured by the foreground!
- For all hosts: Up to 12 tracking points can be specified to help guide RSMB's motion estimation. By using the tracking points you can explicitly tell RSMB where a pixel moves from one frame to the next in order to guide RSMB's calculation of motion vectors. You can set the position of each point at each frame by hand, but more importantly, these points can often be positioned from frame-to-frame using the host application's point-tracking features.
- For After Effects and combustion: Plugin included that allows you to blur with motion vectors supplied by you... which, most likely, will come from your 3D animation system.
- For After Effects and combustion: When RSMB exhibits tracking problems, you can guide RSMB by simply creating and animating shapes to show RSMB where objects are actually moving. Interactive feature registraion is directed through the host program's drawing and roto tools (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points! As such, there is no new interface to learn.