With four atmospheric models – spectral, volumetric, standard and environment mapping, over 100 preset atmospheres and 100 preset cloud shapes, Ozone 2015 is the most complete, realistic and productive solution for creating skies and atmospheres that come alive.
Your atmospheres can be as realistic as what you see out your window or they can be as imaginative as the green and purple sunsets of uncharted planets.
With its easy to use interface and wide range of features, Ozone 2015 is the essential tool for animators and still creators seeking professional atmospheric results.
Bright sunshine, glorious sunsets, bad weather, moonlit nights – Ozone 2015 handles them all. With over 100 predefined atmospheres and an intuitive interface, you can achieve exactly what you had in mind in minutes!
Customize every aspect of the atmosphere. Raise and lower the sun or change the direction or color of the sunlight. Add storm clouds to create an ominous mood. Create a thick, moisture-laden atmosphere where objects get lost in the mist. Add layer upon layer of clouds, adjusting their complexity, density, altitude and shape. Add a rainbow for a special effect, or stars and ice rings. You are in total control.
The Ozone 2015 interface is straight-forward and productive. It consists of 4 or 5 tabs, depending on the atmosphere model:
- Sun to adjust the position and size of the sun.
- Light to select and modify the lighting model you wish to use – standard or global ambience.
- Clouds to create layers of clouds and adjust their settings.
- Fog and Haze to adjust the density, distribution and color of the fog and haze.
- Sky, Fog and Haze (for Spectral Atmospheres) to set up parameters for fog and haze and to add such effects as volumetric sunlight and godrays.
- Effects to add special effects such as rainbows, stars, ice rings, etc...
||Sky, Fog and Haze Tab
Interactive Cloud Control
In Ozone 2015, cloud layers can be handled like regular objects. You can move, rotate or resize them interactively using your host application's standard manipulation gizmos.
Localized Cloud Layers
On top of the ability to move cloud layers around interactively using the gizmos, Ozone 2015 lets you "extract" portions of your cloud layers.
If you like a specific part of a cloud layer, you can easily isolate it and get rid of the rest . You can even move these extracted portions around to another location!
Enhanced Atmosphere Preview
The atmosphere editor in Ozone 2015 can now be resized in order to increase the size of the preview.
Animate It All!
Ozone 2015 lets you animate everything from clouds and sun to fog and haze.
Take precise control of all animation properties by editing keyframes directly and then personalize in your timeline.
Skies spring to life as your clouds swirl!
- Highly productive and easy to use interface
- Animated atmospheres (keyframes, timeline)
- Four atmosphere models: Standard, Volumetric, Spectral and Environment Mapping
- Full control over all aspects of the atmosphere
- Fully adjustable fog and haze
- Realistic light and air interactions
- Automatic creation of lens flares for the Ozone sun light
- Customizable rainbows, ice rings, stars...
- State of the art algorithms for top quality results
- Highly optimized code designed to deliver speed
- Extensive library of over 100 predefined atmospheres
- Over 100 different cloud shapes
- Visual browsers to locate files rapidly
- Saves atmospheres (with preview) for future use
- Imports VUE atmospheres and clouds
Ozone’s Atmospheres are Compatible with VUE
Ozone 2015 is totally compatible with the VUE* atmospheric system (e-on software’s award winning 3D scenery generator).
Any atmosphere created in VUE* can be used in Ozone 2015 for even more flexibility.
* Up to VUE 2014.5
Even More Power with VUE xStream!
VUE is the world's leading 3D Digital Nature solution. VUE creates the entire environment for your scenes, and not just atmospheres.
VUE xStream integrates to 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Cinema 4D and Softimage to offer a complete toolset for creating and rendering exceptionally rich and realistic natural environments.
On top of its powerful featureset for the creation of complex 3D environments, VUE also adds numerous optimized features for 3D atmospheres.
Advanced Cloud Control
In order to grant you better control over the shape and look of your clouds, the function graph features outputs that let you control the altitude of the cloud layers (for instance, so that they appear to "go over" certain objects).
With VUE, you can generate a color and alpha mask of your clouds using the multi-pass renderer.
Cloud colors are automatically adjusted to produce the expected result when used in combination with the cloud mask.
Local Lights in Clouds
In addition to the sunlight, you can make any light-source in the scene illuminate clouds, including local lights. This allows the creation of true-to-life thunder storms, search lights or illuminated fly through clouds.
White clouds can reflect large amounts of light onto neighboring objects. VUE can accurately account for this effect when calculating indirect lighting.
As a result, the indirect lighting of scenes involving clouds is accurately simulated, resulting in greatly enhanced realism.
Real-World Spherical Clouds
You can import cloud maps to recreate real-world skyscapes over entire planets.
Use any cloud density map, including daily maps from the internet. Add cyclones where you need them by painting them in! Then load the cloud density data using the dedicated tool and VUE will generate the corresponding clouds.
Animated Planetary Cloud Density Maps
VUE lets you define animated maps to control the density of your cloud layers on a planetary scale.
Using animated density maps, recreate such effects as the swirling hurricane opposite