Poser 9, the Premiere 3D Figure Design and Animation Software Brings Life to Any Digital Project with 3D Imagery and Animation. Poser is the standard for depicting the human form in 3D. Poser is used for figure design and animation by hobbyists professional graphic artists. Using Poser, digital artists can easily create traditional art, comics, education and training materials, film and television productions, game development projects, illustration and print media, product package design and Web and online media. Anything from Sci-Fi art to storyboards, illustrations to fantasy movies, artists can master the human form and 3D characters to bring "life" to art.
Loaded With Content
Poser has always been jam packed with valuable, ready to use 3D content, and Poser 8 is loaded to the brim! Leading the way are Simon and Sydney, the new male and female figures. Sydney and Simon are complete with animated poses, still poses, full body morphs, facial expressions and morphs, hair, clothing, light sets, and more.
Jam-Packed With Content
Poser 8 also features:
- Exclusive 3rd party content from RuntimeDNA, Meshbox Designs, Netherworks, Vanishing Point and more;
- New wildlife including an eagle, wolf and others
- Extensive updates to the Poser Child figures with new morphs, textures and rigging
- New Motion Capture Data, Light Sets, Poses and Materials
- G2 Male, Female figures
- Forest and Plants by RuntimeDNA
- RoboShark by VanishingPoint
Lip Syncing Functionality
New Lip Syncing Features
Add incredible realism to your animations with new lip syncing functionality in Poser! Talking is one of the most challenging tasks in character animation, and using the new Talk Designer in Poser, even beginning animators can easily make figures talk with facial movements that match real human behavior! With Talk Designer, you have the power to control the type and level of emotion, enunciation, and head and eye movement including the figure's blink rate. Import a sound file and Poser will automatically animate your figure's lip, eye and head movements to match!
Whether you are a seasoned professional or are just learning how to animate, now you can create movies or flash animations with characters that speak to add a whole new dimension of realism to your art. Talk Designer will work with many e frontier figures, including Sydney and Simon, Poser 8 figures, as well as James, Jessi, and the Generation 2 Koji and Kelvin figures. Third party content creators will be able to provide configuration files that make any viseme-equipped* figures Talk Designer compatible!
* Visemes are the visual representations of phonemes.
Multiple Undo and Redo
The Power of Multiple Undos
Give your creativity and productivity a boost with Multiple Undo and Redo in Poser! Freely explore poses, morph target changes, and body transformations without worrying about making mistakes or having to save multiple versions of your project at every new turn. In Poser, you can return to earlier poses and designs, and can step back and forth through up to 100 recent changes within your scene! Even steps you couldn't previously back out are now undoable. Multiple Undo and Redo is an incredible timesaver that can be applied on a wide range of your document changes, including all actions from the Poser library, applying poses, or deleting figures and props from your scenes.
Faster Rendering and HDRI Support
Render up to four times faster with Multi-threaded Rendering on machines with multiple CPUs. FireFly takes advantage of the processing power of the multi-core and multi-processor systems available on the market by rendering on up to four threads simultaneously. This optimization results in much shorter render times for most scenes.
Render more complex scenes than ever with new Tiled Texture Loading. Texture memory needs at render time are reduced to less than 10% (compared to previous versions for texture-heavy scenes)! Hard disk caching results in greatly reduced memory requirements. FireFly's tiled texture loading system also takes advantage of a new Texture Filtering approach, which uses a fraction of the memory of its predecessor. Create even more realistic images with HDRI! Poser now supports High Dynamic Range Images (HDRI) for Image Based Lighting and textures, giving you rendered lighting quality comparable to analog photo film!
Poser 8 Delivers More Render Performance
- Render in a Separate Process: FireFly now has the option to run in a separate process from the application, which can yield performance advantages when rendering highly complex scenes. FireFly also lets your system manage memory more efficiently and provides better system stability due to the separation of rendering tasks.
- Speed up Ambient Occlusion calculations with virtually no compromise on quality using the new Irradiance Caching feature. You can configure Irradiance Caching for draft (optimized for speed) versus final (optimized for quality) renders.
- Save more rendering time with Occlusion Culling, which enables FireFly to improve render performance by ignoring invisible scene elements at render time.
- Benefit from faster Raytracing with FireFly's new kd-tree Ray Accelerator, which improves raytracing performance in densely populated scenes.
- Take advantage of Poser 7's improved Depth of Field calculation to generate superior results in less time.
Non-Linear Animation and Animation Layers
Create superior movies using Poser's Non-Linear Animation! Now you can use Animation Layers to separate the various parts of an animation into independent pieces that can be individually moved, edited, hidden, or even phased gradually in and out! At playback Poser seamlessly compiles all the separate layers into a single, cohesive animation! Animation layers are supported by a variety of Poser's animation tools, such as the Walk Designer and Talk Designer, as well as the content Library, making it simple to organize and even reuse various portions of your animations.
Make your characters walk and talk, and even chew gum at the same time while keeping every strand of animation flexible! Using layers to combine animations makes it all easy and intuitive - since you are blending different layers of animation, you can combine different actions. Click and drag layers horizontally to have your animation building blocks start earlier or later in time. To help you organize your animations, Include in Playback allows you to hide or include layers when viewing the entire animation. Your creativity is the only limit to what you can create with layered, non-linear animation!
Poser 8 Delivers More Animation Strength
- Manipulate the visibility of individual objects within your scene, making them appear or disappear gradually or in an instant, all by simply adjusting a parameter dial with Poser's Visibility Channel.
- Accomplish more with Poser's enhanced PoserPython scripting environment:
- The new folder-driven Scripts menu on main menu bar makes it easy to expand, manage and use your Python script collection.
- The scripting interface has been enhanced to give you more control.
- The Python runtime is updated to Python 2.4
- Poser now supports the Tkinter GUI toolkit for Mac OS X 10.4 (not 10.3).
Powerful Morphing Tools
Add a whole new level of detail to your Poser scenes using new brush-like morphing tools! The new Create tab on the Morphing Tool palette provides powerful interactive controls for creating your own custom morph targets. Easily "paint" dimples, moles or creases on your figures with simple strokes, just like you would with any brush tool. Use custom morph targets to create even more dynamic facial expressions; to change the appearance of bodies; to pull conforming clothing out past protruding body parts; to improve cloth simulation results; and for a wide variety of other uses as well.
Using the new morphing tools, selected areas or single points of the mesh can be pushed or pulled, smoothed or restored. Start by selecting the size of the area that you want to modify using the Radius control - small for detail work and large for broader changes. Choose from five brush styles that vary in falloff (how the change blends toward the edge of the selected area), from a very soft brush that blends gradually toward the edge to a crisp brush that affects the entire area the same way.
You can also define the magnitude of your changes, whether they accumulate or cap at a certain size, and if they act on a specific point or stroke like a brush tool. Make your changes either in surface mode, which will modify the mesh along the direction of surface normals, or in screen mode, which will allow deformations in any direction you wish.
When you are done, save your morphed Poser figures into the library for later use. You don't have to be an expert to take your scenes to a whole new level, using Poser's intuitive morph target creation tools!
Now you can apply any pose to any biped figure within Poser, regardless of that figure's joints or rigging, and see consistent, high quality results! To save time, you can even take legacy poses from earlier versions of Poser and resave them to the Poser Library, which will automatically convert them to Universal Poses!
Poser 8 Delivers More Control
Flexibly increase or reduce the value of any parameter in your scene with Dependent Parameters. Using Dependent Parameters in your files allows you to modify multiple morph targets, deformers or any other parameter using a single, master parameter dial. With Poser you have much greater control in defining the ways that your parameters interact as your figure is adjusted.
Organize your content better using Content Collections. The Content Collections allow you to easily organize your Poser content from any Runtime Library or category into a single collection, giving you instant access to your favorite content without having to change Library categories.
The new Runtime Selection pop-up menu allows you to easily switch between different Runtime Libraries, without having to navigate through the Library folder hierarchy. Poser's Library palette now also displays your current Runtime Library name so you always know where you are.
Replacing light sets is a mouse click away. Now you can add or replace a light set within your scene with a single click.
Z-Buffer Actor Selection allows you to select obscured body parts without even having to move your mouse. This is particularly helpful when posing hands, in other instances where body parts are grouped closely together, or when two figures are within proximity.
Poser 8 Delivers More
- Enjoy much more realistic scene previews. Improved preview texture resolution leverages the power of your graphics hardware to give you up to 4096x4096 pixel texture previews that show amazing detail - that's up to 16 times more detailed than Poser 6!
- Focus on creativity, not repetition, with new workflow improvements:
- Easily populate your scene with identical, yet independent figures. Now you can duplicate selected objects (with animation) and save time without the tedious process of having to individually configure each object in your scene.
- Save animated poses with walk paths or full body morphs directly into your library. In Poser, you can now store figure transformation and/or full body morph target settings in a pose
- If you are new to Poser, new training resources provided in Poser 8 will get you started quickly. In addition to the Poser 8 Reference and Tutorial Manuals, on-screen step-by-step interactive tutorials will guide you through many Poser basics. The new Quick Start dialog gives you access to a number of different projects that can be viewed through the Project Guide palette. Learning at your own pace, you will be led through each step in your project, and have access to "watch-me" videos with detailed visual explanations of individual tasks.
- More workflow improvements are included too:
- Design or animate from any combination of angles with custom cameras. Now you can create new cameras in addition to the default set, choose whether they are revolving or dolly style, and view your scene any way you choose.
- Work on the details in your design with precision and ease. Poser's orthographic cameras (top, front, right, etc.) are now easier to use and more exact.
- Save time, directly create and add all light types to your scene with just two mouse clicks
- Get a real sense of what your final result will look like as you work, without having to render your scene! Poser's Procedural Shader Preview can display the results of most procedural shader effects in the Preview window. Enable Hardware Shading on systems with high-performance graphics hardware.
- Import your textures and images in modern formats. Poser supports HDR and EXR formats for import of high dynamic range bitmap images, as well as many other modern formats.
- Choose how you want to locate an object's associated files. Poser's Configurable File Search includes three levels of depth, Deep (for most extensive), Shallow or None, to give you the results you want -- fast or comprehensive.