is a powerful, yet streamlined word processor solution for everyone from professional writers, to educators, students, and the average user. Boasting an elegant interface, as well as hundreds of intuitive features such as the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and produce customizable headers, footers, endnotes, and footnotes, Mariner Write has everything you need to turn out great-looking documents.
Download our free Mariner Write Power Tips
PDF!Need more convincing?
Mariner Write has been:
• awarded Best Word Processor in MacDirectory's 2006 iWards (beating out MS Word and the rest!)
• touted as one of the "best alternatives to Microsoft Word" in MacWorld Magazine.
• named "the world's fastest Mac word processor" by industry testing group, Bare Feats.Do you have style?
A word processor's styles feature can help you keep your document's formatting looking professional and consistent. Unfortunately, most word processors make this feature so difficult to manage that many users can't take advantage of it. Mariner Write is different.
Styles are easy to set up and adjust and are significantly less awkward and complex than in MS Word. Write even includes such essential features as the ability to define which style follows the current one, in addition to tabs, bullets, and virtually everything else. You can also give styles a shortcut key, which makes the whole process quicker.Flexibility is the name of the game
Mariner Write offers all the flexibility that even the most advanced users need. The "Menu" tab in the preferences panel provides many options for keyboard shortcuts, essential for those who work with repeated tasks, and wish to spare their wrists from repetitive mouse movements. Customizing the tool bar gives you the ability to work in the environment YOU want to see. Man cannot live on Word alone
In this Microsoft-dominated world, many people have the misconception that without Word (and Excel) you will be isolated, like some sort of leper on a deserted island!
That is simply not the case.
Mariner Write opens and edits Microsoft Word documents. Text documents open flawlessly, allowing the ability to edit and save in one of several formats including Rich Text, which can be opened in Microsoft Word or PDF, which, in turn, can be opened by Adobe Reader.Plays nice with others
Mariner Write also works flawlessly with its sister product, Mariner Calc, our Mac OS X spreadsheet. That, together with Mariner Write, is bundled as the MarinerPak. We have streamlined Write and Calc to include only the "necessary" features. The features that won't get in the way of getting your work done. Features you will actually use. And yes, we read Word and Excel files, so your friends and colleagues can send you files. The MarinerPak is a fraction of the cost of Office yet offers around 70% of the Word and Excel feature set that you need. See a cross section here...
• Intuitive Font Panel.
• Powerful Find Dialog.
• Spelling Dialog with relevance rating.
• Insert Symbol Dialog.
• Hierarchical Font Menu.
• "Show only Roman fonts" option - improves WYSIWYG font menu performance.
• Page Numbering.
• Text-color & background-color buttons.
• Live resizing in the main window and several other windows.
• Multiple language localization.
• Microsoft Word® "read" capabilities.
• Enhance your reports with powerful headers and footers.
• Keep documents concise with footnotes and endnotes.
• OS X Services support.
• Mac OS X® Font Smoothing technology.
• Cool blue background makes it easier to see your work.
• Share your documents by saving as PDF in fewer steps in OS X.
• Mail Merge to automate your next mailing.
• Automatic spell checker highlights mistakes as you type.
• Stable, more responsive, uses less disk space and memory than all the competition.
• WorldScript savvy-supports Kanji and numerous other international scripts.
• Dynamic scrolling makes your pages move as you drag the scroll bar.
• 80,000 word spelling dictionary.
• Drag and Drop gives you a powerful alternative to cut, copy, and paste.
• AutoSave feature lets you work without worrying about losing your file.
• WYSIWYG font menus let you see the typeface before using it.
• Save your documents to PDF, RTF, and various ASCII text formats.
Mariner Write supports OS X and Classic environments.
- OS 10.3.9+ = Mariner Write 3.7.2 (including Universal Binary)
- System 9.2 - OS 10.3.8 = Mariner Write 3.5.1
- Free 30 day demo: Download it here
One of the global strengths of Mariner Write is its ability to handle multiple languages.
Get language dictionaries here