Converting dwg to flash(AutoCAD to Flash, dwg to swf) is the best way to share and publish AutoCAD DWG files, better than PDF, better than DWF.no need of additional viewer or plug-in to view flash. FlashDWG is a vector to vector converter, so you can zoom in, zoom out the drawing to see the details of the drawing.
There are two version in one installation program: a standalone version and AutoCAD Add-in Version.
Run FlashDWG without AutoCAD
- Click Start->Program->AutoDWG FlashDWG->FlashDWG to start the program;
- Select a dwg or dxf file as input, specify an output file name, click "Convert"...
Run FlashDWG within AutoCAD
- After installation, launch AutoCAD, open a dwg file, type SWFOUT in AutoCAD Command line. If everything is okay, you will see a dialog, press "Convert" button to continue. If it doesn't work, please see FAQ 1 to resolve it.
Note: AutoCAD LT users please select first method.
There are several ways to share and publish dwg files:
- Converting dwg to image , such as jpg, tif, gif, png, bmp and etc. Disadvantage:can't resize the image.
- Converting dwg to pdf . pdf is the most commonly used file format to publish dwg files, but you will still need Adobe Reader.
- Converting dwg to dwf.dwf is a new file format introduced by Autodesk, but you will still need to download dwf viewer from autodesk.
- I type SWFOUT in AutoCAD command line, but it prompt: unknown command
You can try as followings:
(1) Go to the the program folder where FlashDWG is installed ( e.g. c:\Program Files\AutoDWG\FlashDWG), run the program loadit.exe and launch the AutoCAD again.
(2). if this still doesn't work, you can load the program by manual. Type arx, press L to load, go to the program folder where FlashDWG is installed, select appropriate arx version.
||AutoCAD R14 |
- How can I view .swf file?
Just drag the swf file into Internet Explorer (IE).